North Vancouver

Home<Canada<Rocky Mountaineer<North Vancouver-PGE

Just near Lonsdale Quay, the northern dock of the SeaBus is the historic North Vancouver Pacific Great Eastern Railway Station that was completed in 1913. It is a purple shingled building with a gabled roof and chimney and has served many different uses (and been moved different times) since it last served a train in 1928 including as an office for C.H. Cates and Sons. In 1971 the city purchased the building and turned it into the city archives and museum. In 1997 it was restored and moved back to the foot of Lonsdale where it is today near its original location.
All photos taken on 8 October, 2011

Rocky Mountaineer Station|Historic PGE Station
north_vancouver_pge1
north_vancouver_pge2
Pacific Great Eastern Railway Sign
north_vancouver_pge3
A wooden ramp and porch surrounds the station for access
north_vancouver_pge4
History plaque
north_vancouver_pge5
Initials
north_vancouver_pge6
north_vancouver_pge7
Looking into the former waiting room
north_vancouver_pge8
north_vancouver_pge9
Rocky Mountaineer Station|Historic PGE Station
Home<Canada<Rocky Mountaineer<North Vancouver-PGE
Rocky Mountaineer

Last Updated: 14 November, 2011
This website is not allifiated with Rocky Mountaineer, there official website is here
This Website is maintained and copyright © 2011, Jeremiah Cox. This website is not affiliated with any transit provider. Please do not remote link images or copy them from this website without permission.